The Williams & Associates Insurance Agency can trace its history back to the turn of the century of the B. D. Grace Agency, which later became the Collier and Jarrell Sr., both son-in-laws of B. D. Grace. During the 1920’s, Charles Emile Taylor purchased the Collier-Jarrell Firm and it became the C. E. Taylor Agency, located in the Harrisburg National Bank Building.
In 1938, independent insurance agent Harker Miley bought the Taylor Agency, and his firm was located upstairs over the Midkiff Building for almost 20 years. Later the Agency moved to the location currently occupied by Cine’ 3. Meanwhile, Don Williams, an insurance agent since 1945, and his brother Bill formed the Williams Insurance Agency in 1952, which was located upstairs in the Gregg Building.